Experienced Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager sought to oversee the start-up of a 1GW fast response power portfolio in the UK. Split across several locations, project sites vary in size from 50-300mw.
The projects are a combination of Open Cycle Peaking Plants and Lithium Ion Battery Energy Storage facilities. The successful HSEQ Manager will be comfortable both in an office capacity, defining policy and setting out regulations, as well as taking full responsibility for site-based activities during construction.
HSEQ Manager main responsibilities;
• Manages and Leads Health, Safety and Environment initiatives and personnel
• Coordinates the delivery of HSE products and services to operations and shared services
• Instructs and coaches employees at all levels on H&S compliance
• Interfaces and negotiates with regulatory bodies, clients and subcontractors
• Implements regulations to ensure all HSE regulations are met according to standard
• Responsible for executing the processes that directly impact training, report writing, quality control, plan development and implementation
• Incorporates health standards directed by regulatory agencies to prevent hazards from work sites
HSEQ Manager Key Requirements;
• 5+ years’ experience within HSE / SHEQ management roles
• Strong personality – an individual who is able to take the role of a project owner / principal contractor and ensure standards are met, regardless of commercial pressures
• NEBOSH diploma
• Previous experience overseeing HSE within large-scale Energy or Power projects
• Significant Lifting Experience and familiarity of LOLER in practice
• Experience in developing SHEQ procedures/polices to achieve ISO certification
• Experience on sites with values north of £10m (£50m + optimal)
The successful HSEQ Manager will have an opportunity to oversee some of the latest generation peaking plant and largest battery energy storage assets worldwide, within a lean organisation that offers autonomy, generous remuneration, and an exciting journey.