The Operations Director is the “face” of the offshore wind investment company to the Board, the shareholders and external stakeholders. The Operations Director, as the single point of accountability for a 750mw offshore wind portfolio, is expected to maximize the lifetime value of the asset, including optimizing for availability and yield, optimizing costs and minimizing exposure to risks, while driving adherence to all safety, health, environmental and Joint Venture business principles.
Operations Director key responsibilities;
- Governance & Management of Stakeholders – shareholders, government authorities, local communities
- Technical management: project Operation & Management of internal and external subcontractors and or service providers
- Financial management and Planning, including Facilities Agreement with a larger group of lenders
- Overseeing strategy - maximizing the lifetime value of the asset
- Commercial Management, including managing the PPA
- HSEQ Management & Compliance
- Risk and Insurance management
- Organization and People
- Regulatory Affairs: ensure compliance with permits of the company, influence policy developments (with support of contractors)
- External communication: public affairs of company
- Be a member of the Executive Committee from the construction phase and into the role of ‘Operations Director’ (finalization and negotiation of the Asset Management Services Agreement and the close out of wind farm commissioning, contractual claims, if any, and defect rectification will be the responsibility of the Operations Director as well)
The Operations Director is a member of the Executive Committee and reports to the executive board.
Operations Director requirements;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management of large infrastructure operations
- Background in wind power – ideally offshore wind
- Competence and experience in managing HSSE responsibilities
- Experience in working in a joint venture structure and environment (managing relationships with the Board that consist of multiple shareholders)
- Experience in working in a project finance environment (managing relationships with multiple banks together with the Finance Manager)
- Able to represent the JV at public events, including public speaking, providing press statements, and affinity with local engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in setting-up, and managing a newly established JV with limited number of staff
- Strong (people) management and leadership skills
The recruitment of the Operations Director will be led by one of the investment partners. Please share your CV with Mint selection for immediate review.
Operations Director / General Manager - Offshore Wind Portfolio Company