Samsung SDI Europe GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of Samsung SDI and part of the Samsung group from South Korea. Samsung SDI specializes exclusively in the development, production and distribution of lithium-ion batteries. Samsung SDI has been the global market leader in this business area since 2010. We deliver customer-specific battery solutions for the future of e-mobility, large storage systems, e.g. for renewable energies, as well as for mobile, digital devices and power tools.
To support our rapidly growing Li-ion battery business in Europe, and to strengthen our sales department in Ismaning (Munich/Germany) we are looking for a
Sales Manager ESS (m/f/d)
In this function, you bundle all sales activities for a defined group of customers in the ESS sector. You will work in coordination with other areas such as engineering and project management, quality and SCM, especially demand management, both, on-site at our location in Ismaning near Munich and with our headquarters in South Korea.
Sales and Order responsibilities:
- achieve or exceed Sales and Order goals, and successfully implement recovery plans as required
- lead the development and execution of opportunity win strategies with comprehensive understanding of the customer needs, competitive landscape and Samsung SDI value proposition
- effectively communicate and influence the organization to submit responsive proposals, and actively participate in successful contract negotiations
- maintain up-to-date information in Customer Relationship Management and Pipeline Management tool for Sales and Order forecasting, and
- resolve outstanding Account Receivable issues.
Key Account Management responsibilities:
- establish strategy with account team to increase sales, penetration, profitability and customer satisfaction,
- develop close relationships across customer organizations including senior executives to establish preference for Samsung SDI, influence product requirements, and successfully negotiate contracts
- identify new products and services required for market leadership, and
- mobilize account team to resolve significant product or service issues to the satisfaction of the customer and business
- University degree preferably in a technical subject or strong technical background with a proven track record in Sales/Business Development.
- Several years of experience in a Sales, Key Account Management or Business Development role with responsibility for relevant players in the energy sector.
- Existing network to decision makers in the energy business and preferably also beyond.
- Experience in developing a strong understanding of the market and competitors, creating marketing strategies and carrying out project acquisition strategies.
- Experience in tendering procedures and negotiating complex project contracts.
- Experience in leading direct negotiations with key customers and key suppliers.
- Fluency in English; German or any other language is a plus
- High intercultural competence
What you can expect:
- An established intercultural team that is currently growing further and that works closely with colleagues on site and in Korea as well as with our customers
- Working in a rapidly growing company where you can help shape a lot
- A pleasant and open company culture
- Quarterly team events and two annual corporate events
- Various other employee benefits
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to your complete application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates) at https://samsungsdieu-career.dvinci.de/de/jobs/30/sales-manager-energy-storage-systems-ess-mwd