Lewis Davey is currently recruiting for a head of renewable energy investment, based in London. This is an opportunity to join their UK investment subsidiary as Head of project investment and finance with responsibility for the project finance of the renewable projects included but not limited to battery storage.
- Working with the team to execute renewable energy project investments. This will include conducting both internal and external specialists and assist the client to communicate with the local banks.
- Undertake and manage the necessary due diligence, financial modelling, risk analysis and
mitigation in the structuring of loans, equity investments, guarantees, B-loans or other forms of assistance.
- Support the internal approvals process including interface with credit, safeguards, integrity, legal and other teams as well as management and the Board.
- With the support of internal and external counsel, ensure for all deals that appropriate legal
documentation is successfully concluded in line with approvals and that financial close (i.e., first disbursement) is achieved in a timely fashion
- Ensuring compliance with required guidelines, policies and procedures as well as agreed covenants and reporting requirements up to financing effectiveness.
- Significant investment exposure on projects/deals
- Experienced senior team with strong team values
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong brand in the fund management and renewable energy industries
Knowledge / Experience
- Degree educated with strong academic background
- 5 years of previous experience from the bank or financial institutions focusing on infrastructure financing ideally with the experience in energy or renewables.
- Highly numerate with developed quantitative capabilities, with excellent communication skills.
- Commercial experiences or legal background is desired
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Very strong Excel skills are required.
- Languages skills in addition to English will be valued, but not essential
- Able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment